Save the Date- SWR Aug 2nd

This is what it's all about. Just like the real parking lot, this is the place to shoot the breeze and talk trash. Just keep it clean!

Moderators: bdk, bigtime

LykAGrl

Save the Date- SWR Aug 2nd

Postby LykAGrl » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:46 am

UPDATE: It's time to get your paddling crew together, and head to Columbia for a basic rescue clinic on the Lower Saluda. Some of you attended the first event, hosted by Palmetto Paddlers a couple of years ago. It will be the same concept, paddlers are broken down into small groups of 4+ and practice various techniques and skills at different stations. These will include: wading, swimming, throw ropes, unresponsive boater recovery, strainers, and more. Open to everyone and all skill levels. The event is free, but we will accept donations to benefit the Columbia Chapter of Team River Runner. I am working on how to feed everyone, so more details will be available soon.

We will meet @ 10am at the private boater parking lot, located on Candi Lane (Zoo exit off I-126) in Columbia. You will need the essentials: boat, paddle, helmet, PFD/whistle, throw rope. Bring plenty of hydrating fluids and snacks for energy. Dress for extended immersion in cold water.

We need SWR trained volunteers/experienced boaters to help teach scenarios and take charge of groups. Specific areas that need to be covered are: foot entrapment, strainers, and wading. Please email me edye@bteamkayaking.com with any questions, or if you plan to attend or volunteer. Pass this info along and share with anyone you think may be interested. Thanks, and hope to see some of y'all there.

Return to “The Parking Lot”