A weekend full of stoke

This is what it's all about. Just like the real parking lot, this is the place to shoot the breeze and talk trash. Just keep it clean!

Moderators: bdk, bigtime

bdk

A weekend full of stoke

Postby bdk » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:35 pm

I work 10 days on, 4 days off. So when its time for my days off, I try to get as much kayaking in as possible. Here is the run down from last weekend.

Thursday was spent beating the heat at The Leslie. Epic downtime arena for squirt boaters. The day was filled with big rides and cold water.
leslie1.jpg

Shared the arena with my boy Hugh from Atlanta.
leslie.JPG

Friday kicked off with a half lap of the Ocoee in the Green Boat. Haven't paddled the Ocoee in years, mainly do to the amount of people on the water. Not the case today. On the water at 9:45am and off by 11:00am, didn't see another boater the whole time.
ocoeegoforth.JPG

Loaded up and headed to the Nantahala for the Cascades release that afternoon. Squeezed out five laps down the cascades before the water disappeared.
The Horns before the water arrived.
hornsnowater.JPG

Finished off the day with dinner with Les, Ian and Wolfgang who came up and did some laps on the Upper Nanty.

Saturday I met up with the Saludaboyz for a trip to the West Fork Tuck. Fantastic run. Beautiful gorge with some great whitewater. Two good laps down this run made for a great day.
Mini gorge
westforkmini.JPG

Coondog sending it on Flight Simulator
westforkflight.jpg

Capped the weekend off with a morning run down the Upper Green and Narrows with my brother.
sundaygreen.JPG

Get out and get you some.
Gnome

Re: A weekend full of stoke

Postby Gnome » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:59 am

:notworthy:

All hail the Champ!

:2cents:
"Your spirit is the true shield"

--The Art of Peace
bigtime

Re: A weekend full of stoke

Postby bigtime » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:28 am

Very nice bro. Hate we couldn't catch up for that first lap. Would have loved to paddle with y'all and ol McGristle.

Return to “The Parking Lot”