2015 numbers and highlights

This is what it's all about. Just like the real parking lot, this is the place to shoot the breeze and talk trash. Just keep it clean!

Moderators: bdk, bigtime

bdk

2015 numbers and highlights

Postby bdk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:05 pm

If you keep em post em up!

Every year I start with the goal of paddling 200 days a year. The main goal though is to take advantage of every paddling opportunity that presents itself to me. In doing so, hopefully I will reach the 200 day mark by December 31st.

Feel short this year though with only 184 days on the water. Good news is that the main goal was achieved by getting on the water at every opportunity that came my way.

Days: 184
Saluda: 93

New runs: 7 (Lower Big Sandy, West Fork Tuck, Top Yough, Black, Deerfield, Russel Fork, and the Linville)

A few of my favorite pics from the year.

fateddy.jpg

Pro tip

jimicup.jpg

Jimicup

lava.jpg

Lava Falls

lava2.jpg

Good day!

linville.jpg

Babel Tower

pillow.jpg

Pillow

beach.jpg

Beach day

hp.jpg

Horsepasture takeout with the boyz
bigtime

Re: 2015 numbers and highlights

Postby bigtime » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:44 am

Only 184 days? Tighten up man! On the for real though, good work. You've accomplished a lot over the last couple years. Congrats.
haddenl

Postby haddenl » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:41 pm

Love the year end totals post, Andy. My goal is more humble: 100 river days/year. Being out of school and no longer in Columbia, it's perhaps not realistic, but worth reaching for! I had 72 river days this year, with 39 laps on the Green (including the Silverback and Jerry's Baddle) and a few days on the normal creeks and rivers (NFFB, Cheoah, Nantahala, Section IV, Big Creek etc.

15 new runs: FB9, Lower and Blackrock sections of Clear Creek, two days on OBJ, Daisy Creek, Brown's Canyon, the Numbers, Clear Creek of the Ark, Slaughterhouse, WFFB, Overflow, Thompson, Horsepasture, Russell Fork, and the Pigeon Dries.

Highlights: Getting into the Jocassee drainage and paddling OBJ and Daisy in Crested Butte.

Four swims - all on III-IV, hand paddling, or run out. I suppose if you gotta swim, make it class III.
bdk

Postby bdk » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:57 pm

Nice work Hadden! I thought i was doing good with 7 new runs, but 15 is pretty damn awesome. Almost forgot to mention my swim! 1 swim. Also think you whooped me at the Baddle as well. coming for you this year.

Thanks Bigtime! it was good getting back on the water this year with you. WFT trip with the boyz was a good time.

tmp_25195-20160102_213042-1506154835.jpg

Log for the year
bigtime

Postby bigtime » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:53 pm

Yeah, I guess I should mention, that's my one highlight of the year... got the WF Tuck! It's a fun river that has something for just about any skill level. I set out 2015 with a goal of getting my career skills caught up and putting more energy into my career objectives. I've knocked the ball out of the park in that aspect, but I've let things slide in the fitness dept. For 2016, I am trying to find a balance. Gotta get out on the water and on the bike more.

Return to “The Parking Lot”