Honoring Richard Mikell

Just in case some important needs to be said

Moderator: bigtime

sbroam

Postby sbroam » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:58 pm

LykAGrl wrote:
bdk wrote:A few moths back i attended a Palmetto Paddlers meeting where they discussed the revamping of the current Putin that was done up by American Whitewater was back in the day. The put-in is in some serious need of some TLC. Since camp kemo does not feel the need to get in touch with us about our donation, i was thinking that we, as paddlers, could donate the money raised towards the rebuilding of the boat access at the zoo

You might wanna contact Rock, I think the idea was scrapped after talk of the greenway possibly being built. I'm still willing to lend a not-so-strong back and cheap labor to the project. I pounded down some rebar when we did the clean-up in Feb, but it needs more than that....just set a time and I'll be there.

I think it's worth doing to have a decent access (esp w/kids) in the mean time. I'm not holding my breath wrt the "green way".
TheLedgeH20

Postby TheLedgeH20 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi - I'd be happy to contribute a few $$ and help for the Zoo put in.
Just seems like the right thing to do. Good Karma
Let me know when you need the cash and how should I get it to you.
Excellent idea!
Water, Camping,
Festivus for the Restofus
djmdsm

put in

Postby djmdsm » Sun May 23, 2010 9:23 am

What's wrong with the current put in other than parking? You wanna pave it and open a tube rental stand?
LykAGrl

Re: put in

Postby LykAGrl » Tue May 25, 2010 2:04 pm

djmdsm wrote:What's wrong with the current put in other than parking? You wanna pave it and open a tube rental stand?

No, no, no, Dave! A beer stand and a weiner cart!duh :D:

Return to “News and Announcements”