Perception Overflow X - $650

Buy and sell boats and gear.

Moderators: bdk, bigtime

theweiser

Perception Overflow X - $650

Postby theweiser » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:19 pm

Hey all!

New here; if I had found this community earlier, I may not actually be selling my boat, but as I didn't, my loss is your gain. I bought this boat about 4 years ago, and have added some gear to the lot and I'm looking at offloading the boat now. Looking for cash, or trade for a triathlon bike.

The Lot includes:
Perception Overflow XT
The paddle
The PFD (XL/XXL)
A throwbag
Two flotation blowbags
The whitewater skirt
a tonneau cover for storage

The boat has been always (as long as I've owned it) kept inside.

Let me know if you want more pictures or have other questions!
Pictures are available up at craigslist here: http://columbia.craigslist.org/boa/4367508682.html
haddenl

Re: Perception Overflow X - $650

Postby haddenl » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:02 pm

Sounds rather pricey. You might want to come down a bit or find some unsuspecting newb on CL. Wait, looks like you've got that covered.
theweiser

Postby theweiser » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:54 pm

What would be more reasonable? I paid 600 for it when I got it and have since put gear into it. Just trying to break even. What would entice you?
Blackwater

Postby Blackwater » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:40 am

You should check out GYGO - Get Your Gear On. They sell on consignment, and can market your gear in such a way as to not only to get it sold, but also to get you a good return on your stuff. Perhaps not quite even, but maybe better than what you might otherwise trying to go it alone. You might even do a bit better than even with their help.
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.

H. P. Lovecraft
blokhead

Postby blokhead » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:04 am

I'd say $300 is reasonable for the boat alone...but then, I'm a cheap bastard.
wavekayaker

Postby wavekayaker » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:26 pm

Hope you don't take things the wrong way. everyone is trying to be helpful.

Some people love the Overflow X. if you find one of them, and it is in perfect shape, $300 would be probably the best to hope for. It is an old long boat. It's probably 17 years old at least. There were a ton of similar style and age boats sold off a few years ago by a local school for either $100 or $150 each. You probably paid to much for the boat.

As for the gear, you might be able to get about 1/2 what you paid. There are always deals on gear out there. A local shop has some great skirts for 1/2 off now, so you are competing with them.

I second what Blackwater said about trying Get Your Gear On. They have the traffic to get it sold and take credit cards.

Good Luck!

Return to “Classifieds”